Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
*follower confession* I think about the guys I’ve rejected when I masturbate because I know how much they want me.
Celebrated may the fourth last night. This guy had a sick ass tatt.
I just met this guy at my boyfriends place. Twas a fucking shocker.
Rob talking about a stalker he had in Spain.
HE COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS LIFE.
TO A FAN.
FOR TWO STRAIGHT HOURS.
Bless this man.
the man. the myth. the legend.
I’m pretty sure I’ve reblogged this before but it’s definitely worth a second post.
Sometimes I just stop and think about this post
Lest you think it would be fun or feel good to be famous…
So Jason Collins is a hero because he’s gay? Our standard for heroism has dropped quite a bit since Normandy.— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro)
I genuinely dislike @benshapiro— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans)
Chis Evans meets my standards for heroism.
Well, he is Captain American AND the Human Torch. Doesn’t get much more heroic than that.
Ben Shapiro deserves the people who read Breitbart.